Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Need a Reco for the Best Dog Insurance

I just adopted a new dog. She is a maltese and she cost me a fortune! So, now I want to make sure I get her the best dog insurance to protect me from losing money if she gets sick or something terrible like that. Bitsy is my pride and joy. She is my baby …

Read More »

Need Help Proposing

I’m planning on proposing to my girlfriend soon. I’m in the process of planning it all out. She has wanted a dog for the longest time so I want to get her a puppy and attach the ring to the collar. I want to get name tags made for the dog as well, but I’m …

Read More »

Preparing for a new Puppy

I am so exited because I am about to get a new puppy. In preparation to get everything I need for her homecoming, was looking for a list of things I need to get as I’ve never had a dog before. Also what shots will she need and things do I need to know when …

Read More »

Why does my dog love to roll in poop?

Both of my dogs, when we’re on a hike, and happen to find a warm, soft, nasty pile of poo, they insist on diving in and rolling in it as much as possible. Needless to say it takes quiet the scrub down to get them clean later in the day and puts a damper on …

Read More »

Best Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds

I am looking to get a dog but my boyfriend who lives with me is very sensitive to dogs and has an allergic reaction whenever he’s around them. I’ve heard that there are some breeds that are prone to not shedding as much and better for people who have allergies. Anyone have one of those …

Read More »

Can you give a dog beer?

My cousin swears you can give a dog beer and it won’t hurt them but I’m skeptical. If anyone knows if it’s okay or not, please let me know! I think in small amounts it might not hurt them but just wanted to make sure in case one of my dogs accidentally gets a hold …

Read More »

Cavalier Rescue Groups

I am looking to volunteer with a King Charles Cavalier rescue group and was looking for a good and reputable rescue organization, specifically in the Washington DC metro area. Has anyone had any experience volunteering with a rescue organization? How does it work? What’s the experience like? Hoping someone with some experiences can provide some …

Read More »