Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Why my dog humps other dogs?

I love my dog, but man she loves other dogs (a little too much). I take her to the dog park every once in a while and she’ll go up to them and start humping other people’s dogs out of the blue. It’s very embarrassing as a dog owner to witness this, any ideas what …

Read More »

dog super bowl commercials 2015

I wasn’t a big fan of the super bowl commercials this year but in 2015 there were a lot that featured dogs, more than usual. Anyone have a list of all the ads that featured dogs? I loved them so much I want watch them again!

Read More »

Tips for teaching a dog to fetch beer

I love my dog and she’s very well trained but trying to think of new things to teach her. I love beer too so maybe I can train her to fetch me a cold one from the fridge. I’ve seen it done before on TV and movies but is it possible? Does anyone have tips …

Read More »

Shark or Dyson for Pet Hair Vacuuming?

I always thought Dyson was the king of vacuums, but when it comes to sucking up dog hair my friend insists that her Shark Navigator does a better job and costs less. Any pet owners out there with a recommendation one way or the other? Feel free to mention other brands if you feel they’re …

Read More »

Has Anyone Used Petplan in Canada?

I live in Canada and am looking for reviews for Petplan. I see they’re your number two pick for pet insurance, but is that information only regarding U.S. experience? I’d love to learn more about how they perform in Canada. Thank you!

Read More »

How to Prevent Dog Blindness?

My dog is getting old and her poor eye sight is getting bad but I am hoping I can do something to slow down the process of her going blind. Is there anything I can do to prevent her from loosing her eyesight even more?

Read More »