Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Why do dogs eat cat poop and litter?

I think it’s so strange that my dog Larry gets into the cat’s litter box to eat her litter. It’s kind of disturbing too since there is poop in there he nibbles on. Is it okay for him to eat? I’m sure it is, but just wondering why they do it and if anyone else …

Read More »

Why do dogs eat cat poop and litter?

I think it’s so strange that my dog Larry gets into the cat’s litter box to eat her litter. It’s kind of disturbing too since there is poop in there he nibbles on. Is it okay for him to eat? I’m sure it is, but just wondering why they do it and if anyone else …

Read More »

Petsmart dog insurance?

Were you guys aware that Petsmart offers pet insurance? I can’t seem to find any reference of this on Canine Journal. I’d be real curious to know how Petsmart compares to the other providers you review on your website.

Read More »

Why is My Dog Walking Backwards?

I’m really confused. When I let my dog outside to go to the bathroom he walks backwards around the yard. It’s really weird and it’s got me puzzled. This is the only time I see him walk backwards. He makes his way around the entire yard like this. Why is he doing this?

Read More »

Looking for Best Pet Insurance Deals

I just got a puppy for Christmas. Charley is the most sweet baby Goldendoodle you ever did see. But now I need to get pet insurance for him with out spending an arm and a paw. Anyone know of any good deals out there for the best pet insurance? Thanks!

Read More »

Desparately Seeking Healthy Dog Treat Recipes

My dog has been having a lot of itchy skin and has been scratching all the time. But, he is still a good dog. I would like to reward his good behavior but would like to try baking up some healthy dog treat recipes that may be more helpful for his new skin condition. I am …

Read More »

Looking for a dog relocation service

Hello, I’m moving overseas soon and I want to take my dog with me however I don’t know the first thing about what all the relocation process entails? Do I need a visa or any other vaccinations for my dog before going? How about getting through border/customs? And what about traveling with my dog? I …

Read More »

How Long Should I Walk My Dog?

I typically walk about a mile with my two pups, but my younger pup seems to have endless energy. Is there any kind of guideline as to a healthy average daily amount a dog should walk? I imagine it differs for each breed, but wanted to check with the experts!

Read More »