Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Dog food for diabetic dogs?

HI My name is Tammy and I live in Israel. My dog (female) was diagnosed with diabetes. The vet said that I have to put her on a diet and give her only dog food for diabetic dogs. The only type that he told me is Hills for diabetic . My dog will not touch …

Read More »

Great Dane throwing up food

My husband and I have a 11 month old Great dane. Tonight, she didn’t seem interested in eating (not normal for her) and when I did get her to eat a little bit she threw all of it up in about 10 minutes. Her stomach is making digestive noises and she is comfortably lying on …

Read More »

Who owns the dog food company Blue Buffalo?

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Blue Buffalo. They seem to present themselves as a small, almost organic company. Are they independently owned or part of a large pet food company? I guess at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter if the product is good, but I am curious.

Read More »

Wheaten terrier activity level

We used to have a Texas lacy dog and needless to say the exercise requirements were quite exhausting. Now we are looking at getting a wheaten terrier and all the information I see on them says that they are a high energy dog as well. Surely they aren’t as go, go, go, go as our …

Read More »

Kelpie Vomited Yellow Food

My dog is a 5 year old kelpie. Only just recently vomited yellow, thick and undigested food. Prior to this occurrence she was drinking lots of water. Appetite hasn’t been affected, maybe slightly more apply than normal. As far as vaccinations she is just out of her vaccinations. -Natalie

Read More »

Mini Poodle Separation Anxiety

We have been fostering an 8 month old mini poodle for about two weeks now. He is super sweet, smart and agile. He is not turning out to be a very good family dog. He only wants me (female head of house) will begrudgingly tolerate my husband, hardly tolerates my two teenage sons. He came …

Read More »