Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Peanut butter yogurt treats safe for dogs to eat?

I saw at a website for making homemade dog treats. One treat was yogurt mixed with peanut butter and then frozen for a doggy ice cream. Would this be safe for my 70 lb. American Bull Dogs? No mention on proportions. I have provided an occasional store bought dog ice treats and they love it. …

Read More »

How to get dog to eat kibble without chewing it?

I have an 11 year old Sheltie that is quite overweight. I have researched and found a suitable diet for him. This is a dry food, small kibble form. He is a 40 lb. dog, and is swallowing this kibble whole. It doesn’t seem to bother his digestion, but his teeth are not getting enough …

Read More »

Okay for adult dogs to eat puppy food?

i have two dogs at the minute one is 8 the other is 5 so they are eating bakers adult food, they do not have eating times they just always have food out for them and they are very healthy dogs, i am planning to get a puppy but i do not know what to …

Read More »

Dog Throwing Up From Eating Grass

My dog has been getting sick for the last couple weeks. Not constantly been off and on and she’ll eat grass and then feel, pattern for a couple days or maybe when I wake up tomorrow and then she’ll l end up going outside and eating grass again and then throws gets sick once again. …

Read More »

Shih Tzu Throwing Up

My dog is a shih tuz and some times throws up either in the morning or not a lot but in the afternoon when I get home and it is food but it seems to be when we are not home but then he wants to eat and drink and he seems to be ok …

Read More »