Reader's Questions

Below our questions submitted by our readers. Feel free to join the discussion on any of those pages, your responses and feedback are welcome!

If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Petsmart dog insurance?

Were you guys aware that Petsmart offers pet insurance? I can’t seem to find any reference of this on Canine Journal. I’d be real curious to know how Petsmart compares to the other providers you review on your website.

Read More »

Why is My Dog Walking Backwards?

I’m really confused. When I let my dog outside to go to the bathroom he walks backwards around the yard. It’s really weird and it’s got me puzzled. This is the only time I see him walk backwards. He makes his way around the entire yard like this. Why is he doing this?

Read More »

Looking for Best Pet Insurance Deals

I just got a puppy for Christmas. Charley is the most sweet baby Goldendoodle you ever did see. But now I need to get pet insurance for him with out spending an arm and a paw. Anyone know of any good deals out there for the best pet insurance? Thanks!

Read More »

Desparately Seeking Healthy Dog Treat Recipes

My dog has been having a lot of itchy skin and has been scratching all the time. But, he is still a good dog. I would like to reward his good behavior but would like to try baking up some healthy dog treat recipes that may be more helpful for his new skin condition. I am …

Read More »

Looking for a dog relocation service

Hello, I’m moving overseas soon and I want to take my dog with me however I don’t know the first thing about what all the relocation process entails? Do I need a visa or any other vaccinations for my dog before going? How about getting through border/customs? And what about traveling with my dog? I …

Read More »

How Long Should I Walk My Dog?

I typically walk about a mile with my two pups, but my younger pup seems to have endless energy. Is there any kind of guideline as to a healthy average daily amount a dog should walk? I imagine it differs for each breed, but wanted to check with the experts!

Read More »