Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

How to crate train a puppy?

i have an 8 weeks old puppy and i started crate training her a week ago everything worked out just fine except she wont stop crying at night i tried putting toys and treats but nothing worked she seem to like her crate but when i leave her alone at night she wont stop crying …

Read More »

Excessive drooling in dogs

My 1 1/2 year old shihtuz has been drooling really bad, thick drool from both sides of her mouth, she keeps her tail down and her eyes are wet. I took her to the emergency vet Sunday and they said she was fine. This has been going on a week tomorrow and I am really …

Read More »

Dog leaking urine

I have a 13 year old standard poodle. For the last 6 months or so she has been urinating in her bed at night. I have tried diapers but they can’t hold the volume of urine she produces. I have an appointment to see the Vet but want to do some research first. Thank you. …

Read More »

Best canned dog food for Bichon Frise?

Our 7-1/2 yr old Bichon Frise has now decided that he does not want to eat kibble…only canned dog food or home-made beef, pork or poultry as well as a good variety of vegetables and apples. We have been told that canned dog food is not healthy for his teeth; we were brushing daily, then …

Read More »

Is Bravecto safe for dogs?

Hello. I am writing for your opinion on using Bravecto, the pill that provides 12-week flea & tick protection. My vet is keen on it. My concern is that one of my two dogs has had cancer twice; also she reacted badly (vomiting) to a similar pill when she was a puppy. What is your …

Read More »