Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Is Bravecto safe for dogs?

Hello. I am writing for your opinion on using Bravecto, the pill that provides 12-week flea & tick protection. My vet is keen on it. My concern is that one of my two dogs has had cancer twice; also she reacted badly (vomiting) to a similar pill when she was a puppy. What is your …

Read More »

Why is my lab vomiting food suddenly?

My lab mix is 10 months old seems perfectly fine, happy, energetic, playful but the last couple days he’s been eating then going outside to the bathroom like normal but immediately after we get inside he goes to throw up some undigested food. He then tries to go and eat immediately after as well and …

Read More »

Why is my lab vomiting food suddenly?

My lab mix is 10 months old seems perfectly fine, happy, energetic, playful but the last couple days he’s been eating then going outside to the bathroom like normal but immediately after we get inside he goes to throw up some undigested food. He then tries to go and eat immediately after as well and …

Read More »

Xrays for dogs?

If my dog breaks a bone, or requires x-rays are they covered by insurance? They are expensive but necessary sometimes and I don’t want to be stuck with the bill!

Read More »

Help, what if my dog gets cancer!?

I see several questions on this forum about if pet insurance covers their specific conditions but I’m not seeing cancer discussed. Luckily my dog Remy doesn’t have it but her breed is known for gettin it so am concerned for her. I have pet insurance so hopefully if and when she does get diagnosed her …

Read More »