Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in! If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Please wait...

Anti Bark Collar For Dogs?

I can’t get my dog’s barking under control and I’m investigating anti bark collar for dogs. I’d be curious to hear if anyone has any experience with these collars. Are they worth it? Are they humane?

Read More »

Advice on the best pet insurance for a new puppy?

I have a new puppy and am so excited. Like any new mom I am researching like crazy to make sure I get her the best possible everything including insurance. I am leaning towards PetPlan as I’ve heard great things about them on your site and from others, but am curious if others have PetPlan …

Read More »

Is it Okay for a Dog to Eat Paper?

You know the saying “dog ate my homework”? Well, this is kind of the case with me. Well not that he hate my homework, but he’s been eating paper lately. He especially loves to go in the bathroom and chew on toilet paper and tissue that are laying around. It is not only a huge …

Read More »

Best Dogs for Apartments

I live in downtown Manhattan and am looking to get a dog that is good for small apartments – not only something that will not take up a lot of room, but a breed that is easy to take care of in a small space. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

Read More »

What is the Best Pet Insurance for Dogs?

My dog Jelly Bean is a rascal! He is a two year old Jack Russell Terrier mix and never fails to amaze me with the trouble he can get into! Which is exactly why I am considering getting pet insurance. His minor scratches are starting to cost me a lot of money. I probably shouldn’t …

Read More »

Steps Involved When Changing Dog Food?

What steps should I take when changing my dogs food from one brand to another? I think I’ve read that it is not a good idea to just do it all at once. It is better to spread it out over a few days or weeks, but I’m not sure of the proper schedule.

Read More »