Reader's Questions

Below our questions submitted by our readers. Feel free to join the discussion on any of those pages, your responses and feedback are welcome!

If this is a serious health issue, please consult your veterinarian.

Dog Peeing While Sleeping

This is a somewhat odd behavior but my dog seems to be wetting the bed in his sleep. He’s pretty old (around 10) so it might just be his age since it just recently started happening but has anyone else had a similar experience and know how to solve it?

Read More »

Are nuts and seeds bad for dogs?

I’ve heard that both nuts and seeds are bad for dogs. Is this because they might choke on them, or is there an actual health (i.e. are they toxic) concern? And does this cover all nuts and seeds or only those from certain fruits? For example, strawberries, tomatoes, grapes, and cucumbers all have seeds – …

Read More »

Anti Bark Collar For Dogs?

I can’t get my dog’s barking under control and I’m investigating anti bark collar for dogs. I’d be curious to hear if anyone has any experience with these collars. Are they worth it? Are they humane?

Read More »

Advice on the best pet insurance for a new puppy?

I have a new puppy and am so excited. Like any new mom I am researching like crazy to make sure I get her the best possible everything including insurance. I am leaning towards PetPlan as I’ve heard great things about them on your site and from others, but am curious if others have PetPlan …

Read More »

Is it Okay for a Dog to Eat Paper?

You know the saying “dog ate my homework”? Well, this is kind of the case with me. Well not that he hate my homework, but he’s been eating paper lately. He especially loves to go in the bathroom and chew on toilet paper and tissue that are laying around. It is not only a huge …

Read More »

Best Dogs for Apartments

I live in downtown Manhattan and am looking to get a dog that is good for small apartments – not only something that will not take up a lot of room, but a breed that is easy to take care of in a small space. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

Read More »