Toto was founded in 2018 and offers accident and illness coverage for your furry family members. Plans are customizable with various deductible, reimbursement, and payout limit options.
Toto is unique because it offers Final Respect coverage, an optional add-on that reimburses you up to $300 for the cost of necropsy (autopsy), cremation, and urns. Other pet insurance companies don’t offer coverage for these items.
Toto doesn’t allow you to transfer their plan over to someone else if ownership of the pet changes. This is something that other competitors allow through their policies. Additionally, Toto may change your premium, coinsurance amount, annual deductible, and policy terms and conditions at renewal.
Toto Pet Insurance
- No lifetime or per-incident payout limits for accident or illness plans
- BBB rating: A+
- Wellness coverage available as an add-on
- 30-day free look period
- 5% multi-pet discount
- Your pet is covered when they travel with you in the U.S., Canada, and other U.S. territories
- Final Respect coverage is available for pets enrolled before their fifth birthday
- 14-day waiting period for illnesses and 180-day waiting period for intervertebral disc disease and CCL injuries
- Coverage is restricted to Accident Only plans for pets over 9 years old at the time of enrollment
- Bilateral conditions are excluded
- $3/month policy administrative service fee
- No mobile apps
- No unlimited payout limit option
Calculate Your Pet Insurance Costs Before Deciding
Our experts peaked under the hood to uncover what kind of costs factor into your policy premiums with leading pet insurance companies. Get the lowdown in our pet insurance costs article.
Consider All Your Pet Insurance Options
Toto has some unique features, but the fact that it can change your pet’s coverage and plan customizations at renewal is a red flag. We’ve reviewed more than a dozen pet insurance companies and have chosen the best based on coverage, customer service and reputation, claim repayment, price, plan customizations, and more. Find out who we got the top ranks in our pet insurance reviews.
Are you considering insuring with Toto, or leaning towards another provider?