Are you considering trying out CBD as an alternative, all-natural remedy for your dog but aren’t sure which brand to go with? HolistaPet is a popular option for thousands of pet parents because they manufacture pet-specific CBD (cannibidoil) oils, treats, and many other products.
Is HolistaPet legit? Can their products really help with your dog’s anxiety, arthritis, aches, and other ailments?
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Products, Pricing & Promo
- Dosage Guidelines
- What Are Users Saying About HolistaPet?
- CBD And Arthritis In Dogs (Video)
- What’s Our Final Verdict?
- All products tested by an independent lab (Certificate Of Authority (COA) results listed on their site)
- All oils and treats are vegan and free of GMOs, gluten, and dairy
- CBD derived from organic hemp grown in Colorado
- Pesticide and solvent-free
- Gold-standard CO2 process used to extract CBD from hemp plants
- Products for dogs, cats, and horses
- Made in the USA
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Some users say the dog treats aren’t effective
- Several customer complaints that the cat treats are too hard for felines to eat
- Good variety of CBD strengths with oils, treats, and capsules
- CBD extract suspended in hemp seed oil, which is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and has added health benefits for pets
- Save 25% if you sign up for monthly auto shipping
- Carries all-natural, full-spectrum* oils, treats, capsules, dog shampoo, and catnip spray
- Rewards/referral program for discounts on products
*Full-spectrum CBD products are made using a broad range of beneficial cannabinoids from hemp, including CBD, CBG (cannibigerol), CBC (cannabichromene), terpenes, and other cannabinoids. This includes up to the legal limit of 0.3% THC (this is not enough THC to get your pet high). Learn more about CBD for dogs.
Shipping is free, and you can save 25% if you subscribe for monthly auto shipments on oils and treats. See more CBD subscription options for dogs.
CBD Oils & Capsules For Dogs & Cats
- $25.95 for 150mg (for pets under 20 lbs)
- $39.95 for 300mg (20-60 lbs)
- $58.95 for 600mg (60-100 lbs)
- $79.95 for 1,200mg (100-160 lbs)
- $144.95 for 3,000mg (over 160 lbs)
- View all options for dogs, cats, and horses
CBD Treats For Dogs
Unlike many companies, HolistaPet offers CBD treats with additional active ingredients geared toward helping specific health concerns. Here’s a breakdown of the active ingredients in each type of treat:
- Stress & Anxiety: CBD, L-Theanine, chamomile, and hemp seeds (peanut butter and apple flavor)
- Joint & Mobility: CBD, turmeric root, boswellia, and hemp seeds (pumpkin spice and cinnamon flavor)
- Heart & Immune: CBD, blueberries, flax seeds, and hemp seeds (blueberry and sweet potato flavor)
- $26.95 for 150mg bag (5mg per treat)
- $34.95 for 300mg bag (10mg per treat)
- $64.95 for 600mg bag (20mg per treat)
- View all options for dogs and cats
Soft Chews (Calming & Mobility)
- $29.95 for 150mg jar (5mg per treat)
- $39.95 for 300mg jar (10mg per treat)
- $64.95 for 600mg jar (20mg per treat)
- View all options
Other CBD Products
For basic dosing guidelines, HolistaPet’s website says, “We generally recommend between 0.25 mg (Regular Dose) to 0.5 mg (Strong Dose) of CBD per every 1 lb of bodyweight.” But this can be complicated to calculate on your own.
To save you time, HolistaPet’s website has a handy dosing calculator, as well as detailed dosing charts for their oils, capsules, and treats. Dosing varies based on your pet’s weight and whether you want a regular or strong dose.
Does My Dog Need A Regular Or Strong Dose?
Not sure which dose your pup needs? Here’s what HolistaPet recommends:
- Regular dose: Daily health and wellness, boost immune function, old age, allergies, minor skin conditions, stimulate appetite, minor stress & anxiety, digestive issues & nausea, moderate arthritis & joint inflammation, and minor aches & pains.
- Strong dose: Chronic pain, severe arthritis & joint inflammation, mobility issues, epileptic seizures, cancer-related symptoms, tumors, severe anxiety, extreme nausea, and vomiting.
How Often Do I Give My Pup CBD?
HolistaPet recommends giving your pet the appropriate CBD dose every eight hours (or as needed) to control pain and inflammation. To manage anxiety, give 30 minutes before the event (thunderstorm, fireworks, traveling with your pet, etc.). For all other uses, give once to twice a day.
What do real customers have to say about HolistaPet? Here’s a sampling of positive and negative reviews we found online. We would like to note that HolistaPet is extremely responsive to customers’ reviews, especially when they reported a less than positive experience.
I got this for my dog who was suffering from arthritis. Every time we went to the vet she would get anti-inflammatory meds and I wanted to try something a little more natural. This helped tremendously and within a couple days she was no longer limping nor lethargic. She began playing and running around like usual. So happy with these products and the customer service was also amazing- quick, helpful and friendly! – Vanessa C., Trustpilot 1/29/2021
An order had been sent to the wrong address. I emailed Holistapet and explained what had happened. The next day I received an email from “Arabella” stating the error had been fixed and a new order had been shipped via expedited delivery. This company and it’s support staff understand what customer service should be. I highly recommend them for their products (they work!) and their friendly service. – Tommy W., BBB 1/13/2021
My German Shepherd, who barks at anyone and anything that comes within 100 ft of “his” property, and has to be anesthetized for a visit to the Vet, has shown no improvement after over a month on this product. I will not order it again. – MSA, Trustpilot 1/12/2021
The company and customer service is great. My kitties just hate the products. I even tried crushing the treats into their food to disguise it but they will eat around it. When I reach for the tincture they run and hide. Bummer cause I spent money and they are not happy and hate the way they feel. Unfortunately I won’t be purchasing any longer and will look elsewhere. – Vanessa M., Trustpilot 12/26/2020
Check out this brief video by HolistaPet that explains arthritis and how CBD can help treat the pain and inflammation associated with this chronic condition.
We highly recommend HolistaPet’s pet CBD products. They’re among the best for the level of quality and the variety of strengths and products available, not to mention the company’s excellent customer service. Their pricing is also very competitive among similar manufacturers of high-quality CBD oils and treats.
Have you tried out CBD with your pet?