This content was reviewed by our licensed insurance agent, Michelle Schenker.
To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
PetPartners started offering pet insurance under its brand name in 2009. It has customizable plans, allowing you to choose your deductible, payout limit, and reimbursement levels. PetPartners is nearly identical to AKC Pet Insurance. How does it compare to the competition? Our experts find out.
PetPartners Pet Insurance Reviews
Product Name: PetPartners Pet Insurance
Product Description: PetPartners offers pet insurance for dogs and cats.
PetPartners doesn’t offer the most comprehensive plans. It comes with age restrictions and add-ons for conditions commonly covered by other providers. You’re more likely to find better coverage and pricing from a competitor.
Our pet insurance experts read through each pet insurance company’s policy to provide detailed comparisons and information regarding how a provider fares against others in the industry. We also speak with customers, read online feedback, and communicate one-on-one with pet insurance companies to obtain a well-rounded, unbiased analysis of a company’s standings.
Our team rates pet insurance companies based on several factors, including A.M. Best ratings (an indicator of financial stability), claim processing reputations, contract coverage, customer service, pricing, plan customizations, and more.
- No vet records or exam required to enroll
- Optional wellness plan (must purchase in conjunction with pet insurance)
- BBB rating: A+ through PetPartners, Inc. (also administers AKC Pet Insurance policies)
- Your pet is covered when they travel with you in the U.S. or Canada
- 5% multi-pet discount
- No illness coverage for dogs enrolled after age 9
- Must purchase coverage for inherited/congenital conditions separately if you want them covered
- Hip dysplasia and congenital and hereditary conditions are only available for coverage if you enroll your dog at 2 years old or younger
- $3-$4 transaction fee (depending on the state), highest in this comparison
- Exam fee coverage is an additional fee
Consider All Your Pet Insurance Options
Some age restrictions and coverage add-ons that we expect to be standard inclusions are not with PetPartners. We’ve reviewed more than a dozen companies and have chosen the best pet insurance companies based on coverage, customer service and reputation, claim repayment, price, plan customizations, and more in our pet insurance reviews. You can also get multiple pet insurance quotes instantly below.Tagged With: Reviewed By Insurance Agent