To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Having a luscious green lawn and keeping your pets safe from chemical fertilizers can be tricky. At Sunday Lawn Care, their mission is to “support the whole ecosystem for a beautiful lawn that’s full of life.” Included in that is making your lawn safe for your pets and family to enjoy.
Our experts review this pet-safe lawn care product line to help you decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Sunday is a pet-safe subscription lawn care plan customized for your lawn. The goal of the subscription is to tweak your soil so it can grow the healthiest grass possible. Sunday uses a combination of satellite imagery, climate information, and soil conditions to customize your plan.
Sunday then ships you their all-natural, pet-safe fertilizers that are geared toward your lawn’s specific needs. They also ship you a free soil analysis kit with your first shipment that you can send back to their lab for a more precise diagnosis of what your lawn needs. Depending on the time of year you sign up, you will get up to three shipments annually with two to four product pouches in each box. Initially, you’ll also get a sprayer that attaches to your hose and works as a delivery system for the pouch contents. Delivery timing is specific to each customer’s climate and grass growth.
Sunday Overall Rating
We based our overall rating on several factors, including plan customization, quality of pet-safe products, ease of use, customer service, pricing, customer feedback, and more.
Pros & Cons Comparison Table
|Contents tailored to your climate area||This is DIY lawn care|
|Natural and organic ingredients||Plans are best suited for lawns less than 10,000 square feet|
|All products are pet safe||Customers complain that the weed control is less than desirable|
|Easy to use|
- Convenient subscription service
- Earth-friendly, pet-safe ingredients
- Free soil analysis test included
- All tools needed are provided
- Also offers various natural, pet-safe products, including organic weed killer and several seed blends
- Unlimited expert support; customer service available 7 days a week
- A 1% for the planet business that donates a portion of all sales to help the environment
Full-Year Custom Smart Lawn Plans
Price Quote Examples
Three of our experts went on the Sunday website to get quotes for their lawns so we can provide you with a range of pricing examples from different parts of the country and for yards of various sizes. Here is what we found:
Sunday will have you type in your address and answer a series of questions related to your yard. They’ll use this information to determine your yard’s square footage, soil type, and climate. These factors determine your plan.
5,056 sq ft yard in North Carolina
Warm, wet climate
Silty acidic soil
Full-year plan with three shipments, eight nutrient pouches, and a free lab soil test for $179
3,710 sq ft yard in Iowa
Warm, very wet climate
Silty, balanced pH soil
Full-year plan with three shipments, six nutrient pouches, and a free lab soil test for $159
2,000 sq ft yard in Ohio
Full-year plan with three shipments, five nutrient pouches, and a free lab soil test for $149
Premium Grass Seed
These add-on items come in five-pound bags.
- Fescue Rescue: Fescue $31
- Kentucky’s Best: Bluegrass $31
- Shade Select: Mix of Fescue & Ryegrass $31
- Bermuda Time: Bermudagrass $36
- Lucky Lawn: Mix of Fescue, Bluegrass, and Clover $31
- Core Seed and Feed: Seed blend to thicken and green your lawn $41
- Bare Repair Sun & Shade: grass seed, essential nutrients, and moisture-holding mulch $20
- Bare Repair Bermudagrass: grass seed, essential nutrients, and moisture-holding mulch $20
Natural Weed Control
These add-on items can help conquer the weeds in your lawn.
- Weed Warrior: Kills grass, weeds, algae, and moss (two-pack) $22
- Dandelion Doom: Kills most broadleaf weeds (two-pack) $22
- Mixed Pack: One bottle of Weed Warrior and one bottle of Dandelion Doom $22
Natural Pest Control
Add-on these items to help control bugs in your yard.
- Mosquito Deleto: Yard control spray for mosquitos, fleas, and ticks $27
- Nix Ticks: Yard control spray for ticks, mosquitos, and fleas $27
- Nix Ticks and Mosquito Deleto Combo: $50
- Fire Ant Fighter: Fire ant killer $22
- Ant Adios: Bug and ant killer $22
- Ant Adios and Fire Ant Fighter Combo $41
- Bug Doom Outdoor: Home insect outdoor barrier $60
- Bu Doom Indoor: Home insect control $30
Pet Patch Repair
If pet spots are a problem, these add-on items can help.
- Pet Patch: Liquid pet spot lawn repair $20
- Pet Safe Ice Melt $18
- Flower & Bloom: plant food mix $21
- Eastern Pollinator Wildflower Garden Kit: $43
- Western Pollinator Wildflower Garden Kit: $43
- Classic Bulb Garden Kit $43
- Grand Bulb Garden Kit $53
Here’s a list of the questions our readers often ask about Sunday.
What Ingredients Do They Use In Their Products?
Sunday’s website provides this list of ingredients that they use in their lawn care products:
- Soy protein
- Potassium acetate
- Salicylic acid
Is Grass Seed Included?
No. Their nutrient plans do not grow new grass. They only support the growth and health of the grass you already have. However, you can purchase hybrid seed blends and patch kits as add-on items.
What About Weed Control?
Sunday believes weed control is about enriching the soil with its nutrient plans. However, if you have weeds you can’t conquer, you can add on their organic iron-based spot weed control product.
Our Personal Experience
My husband and I wanted an alternative to all the lawn care companies in our area that use harsh chemicals. We have young kids and a dog, so we wanted something safe for them. We also wanted to keep chemicals out of our waterways. This made us consider Sunday for our lawn care needs.
We purchased Sunday’s Dandelion Doom, Pet Patch, and lawn treatment plan. The application process is straightforward and simple. We applied the first treatment to our lawn in April 2021 and in June 2021 we had the greenest lawn on the block. Many of our neighbors hire professional companies that use harsh chemicals and their lawns look brown from the harsh 90°F weather we’ve been getting the past couple of weeks. With how much we play in the yard with our kids, it’s nice to walk on soft grass and not hard, brittle grass. -Kimberly A., Canine Journal
In this two-minute video from Sunday Lawn Care, they introduce you to their creators and discuss their product’s purpose.
Sunday is not the only choice when you are thinking about pet-safe lawn care. Our experts review the top picks in pet-safe lawn fertilizer so you can decide which products will work best for your yard.
Sunday Lawn care is an excellent choice to help keep your pets safe and your lawn looking healthy. Once you get your yard looking great, you’ll want to keep it that way. Our experts have great advice on stopping dog urine from killing your grass and eliminating outdoor odors.Tagged With: Lawncare, Review