To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
If you’re looking for high-quality CBD (cannabidiol) pet products, you may have come across the popular brand Canna-Pet. Their capsules, oils, and biscuits are sold in select retail stores and online. They specialize in CBD products for dogs, cats, and horses. But are Canna-Pet’s products safe and effective? Our experts give you our in-depth review of the Canna-Pet line of CBD products to help you decide if they’re the best option for your pup.
Canna-Pet Overall Rating
Our team rates CBD products based on several factors, including quality of CBD and ingredients, variety of products, third-party testing, pricing, customer support, and more.
Pros & Cons Comparison Table
|Derived from organic and non-GMO hemp||They say their products are third-party tested, but no testing analysis reports are available|
|Gold-standard CO2 process used to extract CBD from hemp plants||Only one oil strength available|
|30-day money-back guarantee||Customer support only available by email|
|Steep discounts for nonprofit organizations and shelters|
|Made in the USA|
- Full-spectrum CBD extract contains over two dozen cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, including CBD, CBC (cannabichromene), CBG (cannabigerol), beta-caryophyllene, limonene, alpha-pinene, and linalool
- Oil and capsules are non-GMO, vegan, and free of preservatives, SLS, wheat, and sugar
- Biscuits are organic and wheat, corn, and soy-free
- In business since 2013 with an A+ BBB rating
- Also carries CBD products for cats and horses
Note: Canna-Pet offers bi-weekly, every three weeks, every four weeks, and monthly auto-shipping.
Advanced Formula Capsules
Dogs Under 20lbs
- 30 capsules (with 4mg CBD per capsule): $29.99
- 60 capsules (with 4mg CBD per capsule): $57.99
Dogs Over 20lbs
- 60 capsules (with 8.5mg CBD per capsule): $64.99
Advanced MaxCBD Formula Oil & Capsules
- 680mg strength CBD oil (0.33 fl. oz.): $79.99
- 30 capsules (with 30.2mg CBD per capsule): $99.99
- View all options
- Advanced (turkey; maple bacon; and peanut, apple & banana): $16.99 (2.4mg CBD per biscuit)
- Max (Maple Bacon): $38.99 (8.4mg CBD per biscuit)
Each bag contains approximately 40 biscuits.
Save 25% off of Canna-Pet and have an additional 25% donated to WildLife SOS with code WILDLIFESOS via this link.
Canna-Pet Dosing Guidelines
Knowing which concentration of CBD is right for your pet and how much to give him can be confusing. Below are some guidelines from Canna-Pet for their products. Note: the dosage details provided on the site do not always match what is on the package. So double-check this information before giving it to your pet.
Capsules & Oil
Dogs Under 20lbs
- Advanced small capsules: mix 1 capsule with food twice daily, or
- Max capsules: split 1 capsule between 2 meals each day, or
- Max oil: 2-3 drops, 3-4 times daily directly in mouth
Dogs Over 20lbs
- Advanced large capsules: mix 1 capsule with food twice daily, or
- Max capsules: 2 capsules per day with meals, or
- Max oil: 3-4 drops, 3-4 times daily directly in mouth
Advanced Formula Biscuits
- Under 20lbs (9kg): 1 biscuit every 12 hours
- 21-44lbs (9.5-20kg): 2 biscuits every 12 hours
- 45-95lbs (20-43kg): 3 biscuits, every 12 hours
- Over 95lbs (43kg): 4 biscuits every 12 hours
Max Formula Biscuits
- Under 20lbs (9kg): ½-1 biscuit every 12 hours
- 21-95lbs (9.5-43kg): 1-2 biscuits every 12 hours
- Over 95lbs (43kg): 2-3 biscuits every 12 hours
Does Your Dog Have Joint Pain?
CBD can help with a variety of health issues, including arthritis and joint pain, anxiety, pain relief, and more. Check out this video to see the signs of joint pain and how CBD may help provide relief. And be sure to read our article about the benefits of CBD for dogs.
Our Final Verdict
While Canna-Pet says their products are independently tested by a third-party laboratory for potency, pesticides, solvents, heavy metals, and terpenes to ensure safety and quality, they don’t make the laboratory’s certificate of analysis (COA) available on their website or on their packaging. All the other premium CBD companies that we review make their COAs readily available.
This doesn’t necessarily mean their products aren’t tested or safe, but it gives us some pause to recommend Canna-Pet over other companies that make their COAs public. However, if this isn’t a dealbreaker for you, Canna-Pet could be a good option for your pup.
See how Canna-Pet compares to other top manufacturers in our reviews of the best CBD oil for dogs. We also have a separate article where our experts review the best CBD dog treats.Tagged With: CBD, Review