To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
PetPlate’s founder didn’t let a pass on Shark Tank hold him back from making sure dogs across the country get nutritional, human-grade dog food. His enterprise now feeds thousands of happy hounds every day.
Could PetPlate be just what the vet ordered for your pup? Our site’s founders subscribe to this all-natural dog food delivery service for their pups. But what’s our verdict on PetPlate?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Pricing (With Coupon Code)
- Firsthand Experience
- PetPlate Unboxing (Video)
- How Does PetPlate Compare To Others?
- Three pet food subscription plans
- All-natural fresh ingredients with no preservatives or fillers
- Auto-shipping that you can pause, skip or cancel anytime
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Responsive customer service
- The ability to tweak delivery times (such as for vacation breaks)
- Free shipping
- Made in the USA
- Pricier than competitors
- Dog profile/custom meals don’t account for breed, age, body size, allergies or other health concerns
- Fresh meals made with all-natural ingredients and designed by a vet nutritionist
- All meals are pre-portioned
- Comes in 4 flavors: beef, turkey, chicken or lamb
- Free delivery to all 48 contiguous U.S. states
- Referral Rewards program for a $75 credit to your PetPlate account
- All packaging is recyclable
- Featured in HuffPost, Fortune, Good HouseKeeping and more
PetPlate offers a 25% discount on your first pet food box. The following prices* are based on the profile of an adult dog weighing between 21-30 pounds.
Full plan: $42.95*/week ($85.90 total) for 28 meals shipped every 2 weeks
Half plan: $21.48*/week ($85.90 total) for 28 meals shipped every 4 weeks
Our readers have access to save 50% off your first box of PetPlate! Just use this link to get started!
We recently switched from feeding our dogs 100% dry kibble to mixing the kibble 50/50 with PetPlate after seeing it on Shark Tank. These meals are made from natural ingredients including meat (turkey or beef) cooked with fresh veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and pumpkin). The food is cooked fresh, then frozen and finally shipped to our doorstep.
At first, we tried it out to see how our dogs would react to such a treat. But, as it turned out, our dog Lily, who used to be a very finicky eater, immediately gobbled her PetPlate food up and ate the mixed-in kibble as well! She went from a dog who only ate 1 of 2 meals every day to a member of the clean plate club for every meal! This was enough to convince us to add PetPlate to our regular feeding routine. We continue to feed 50/50 kibble because it makes this a more economical choice and keeps our dogs’ teeth cleaner, thanks to the abrasion of the harder food.
Both of our dogs are ten years old, and we have also found PetPlate to be easier on their senior stomachs that were starting to experience more gas. This is a win for all of us in the household!
Update: PetPlate recently sent us a free delivery of its newest flavors (Lamb and Chicken) to try out. Much like the original flavors, they devoured them with gusto.
See what’s inside a PetPlate box and witness for yourself how much our very own Lily and Bella love it as they gobble it up!
PetPlate isn’t cheap; but if you’re committed to the healthiest lifestyle for your pets, you can’t go wrong with this high-quality dog food. PetPlate makes ordering and delivery a breeze, and their customer support is top notch.
Be sure to read our article comparing the best dog food delivery services, if you want to see how other services compare to PetPlate. Our reviews include more options for “human-grade” meals, all-natural kibble, high-end dog food you’ll find at your local store and more.
Why are you considering all-natural dog food?