To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Pet Plate’s founder didn’t let a pass on Shark Tank hold him back from making sure dogs across the country get nutritional, human-grade dog food. His enterprise now feeds thousands of happy hounds every day.
Could Pet Plate be just what the vet ordered for your pup? Our site’s founders subscribe to this all-natural dog food delivery service for their pups. But what’s our verdict on Pet Plate?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Pricing (With Coupon Code)
- Firsthand Experience
- Pet Plate Unboxing (Video)
- How Does Pet Plate Compare To Others?
- Pet Plate comes in 4 recipes: beef, turkey, chicken or lamb
- USDA-certified, all-natural, fresh ingredients with no preservatives or fillers
- Auto-shipping that you can pause, skip or cancel anytime
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Responsive customer service
- Free shipping
- Made in the USA
- Pricier than competitors
- Fresh meals made with all-natural, human-grade ingredients and designed by a vet nutritionist
- Custom orders for each pup including age, weight, ideal weight, breed and activity level.
- All meals are pre-portioned
- Comes in 4 flavors: beef, turkey, chicken or lamb
- Two subscription plans available
- Free delivery to all 48 contiguous U.S. states
- Referral Rewards program for a $75 credit to your Pet Plate account
- All packaging is recyclable
- Featured in HuffPost, Fortune, Good HouseKeeping and more
Pet Plate offers a 25% discount on your first pet food box. The following price* is based on the profile of a mixed-breed male, 7 years old, 24 pounds, healthy size, no health problems or allergies.
- Full plan: $41.95*/week ($83.90 total) for 14 days of meals shipped every 2 weeks
- Topper plan: $17.95*/week for 4 20-oz containers (adjustable shipping frequency)
Our readers have access to save 35% off your first box of PetPlate! Just use this link to get started!
We recently switched from feeding our dogs 100% dry kibble to mixing the kibble 50/50 with Pet Plate after seeing it on Shark Tank. These meals are made from natural ingredients including meat (turkey or beef) cooked with fresh veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and pumpkin). The food is cooked fresh, then frozen and finally shipped to our doorstep.
At first, we tried it out to see how our dogs would react to such a treat. But, as it turned out, our dog Lily, who used to be a very finicky eater, immediately gobbled her Pet Plate food up and ate the mixed-in kibble as well! She went from a dog who only ate 1 of 2 meals every day to a member of the clean plate club for every meal! This was enough to convince us to add Pet Plate to our regular feeding routine. We continue to feed 50/50 kibble because it makes this a more economical choice and keeps our dogs’ teeth cleaner, thanks to the abrasion of the harder food.
Both of our dogs are ten years old, and we have also found Pet Plate to be easier on their senior stomachs that were starting to experience more gas. This is a win for all of us in the household!
Update: Pet Plate recently sent us a free delivery of its newest flavors (Lamb and Chicken) to try out. Much like the original flavors, they devoured them with gusto.
See what’s inside a Pet Plate box and witness for yourself how much our very own Lily and Bella love it as they gobble it up!
Pet Plate isn’t cheap; but if you’re committed to the healthiest lifestyle for your pets, you can’t go wrong with this high-quality dog food. Pet Plate makes ordering and delivery a breeze, and their customer support is top notch.
Be sure to read our article comparing the best dog food delivery services, if you want to see how other services compare to Pet Plate. Our reviews include more options for “human-grade” meals, all-natural kibble, high-end dog food you’ll find at your local store and more.
Why are you considering all-natural dog food?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.