Newer to the dog food industry is Jinx. This online-only dog food delivery is quickly winning over the tummies of pups thanks to their yummy, premium, all-natural kibble. Founded and developed by pet lovers for pet lovers, Jinx’s philosophy is that the modern dog’s lifestyle and habits have evolved. Thus, their diets and nutritional needs have too. Learn more about this fresh kibble option and if it’s the right fit for your pup.
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Pricing (& Promo Code)
- How Does It Work?
- What Do We Think? (First-Hand Experience)
- Is Jinx Dog Food Right For Your Dog?
Jinx Dog Food
- Three kibble recipes to choose from
- All-natural treats optional add-on
- Excellent blend of healthy ingredients
- A grain-free option
- Subscribe and save 5%
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Free shipping over $30
- Made in the USA
- On the pricier end
- We couldn’t find any customer reviews for them online other than on their website (likely because they’re so new)
- Partners with animal scientists, formulators, nutritionists, regulatory specialists, and manufacturers to develop an impressive blend of ingredients
- Made with real animal protein, functional superfoods, patented probiotics, and all-natural ingredients
- No artificial fillers, soy, corn syrup, MSG, or animal by-products
- Conducts regular audits to determine nutritional value, production quality, traceability, and sustainability
- Option of subscribing for recurring deliveries, which saves you 5%
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Rewards and points program for future discounts
- Support via live chat and email
- Fast delivery to continental United States (free shipping for orders over $30)
Kibble Dog Food
Their kibble includes:
- Lean meat and plant-based proteins
- essential vitamins and minerals
- other all-natural superfoods
They currently have three recipes, including a grain-free option for dogs with allergies or an intolerance to grains. All contain probiotics to help dogs maintain a healthy gut.
- Salmon, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato – best-selling recipe promotes digestion and sustained energy, plus gut, eye, heart, skin, and coat health. Good for dogs with a sensitivity to chicken.
- Chicken, Brown Rice & Avacado – helps with energy, fiber, skin, coat, gut and heart health.
- Chicken, Sweet Potato & Egg – grain-free, good for digestion, muscle mass, metabolism, and eye and heart health. Best for dogs with grain-free sensitivities.
They also sell a sampler to try all three to try at once and save.
Jerky And Biscuit Dog Treats
Jinx offers two biscuit and two jerky treat options. Similar to the dog food, you can also get a sampler of three of the four treats. All recipes are low-calorie and made with superfoods.
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Jerky* – for eye health, lean and low fat, helps with muscle mass and metabolic performance, soft and chewy tenders.
- Chicken & Mango Jerky – for a fiber boost, lean and low fat, mango for antioxidants and fiber, soft and chewy cubes.
- Peanut Butter & Blueberry Biscuits – for heart health and immunity, chia seeds for Omegas 3 & 6, vitamin C to support the immune system, niacin for energy crunchy texture.
- Pumpkin & Apple Biscuits – for digestive aid, vitamins A & C, chia seeds for omegas 3 & 6, low calorie, and meat-free.
* Not available in the sampler pack, only individually
When Jinx first launched, they were a bit on the pricey end for kibble. But they’ve since significantly reduced their pricing, so it’s more competitive. Plus, you can subscribe for auto-shipping and save 5%.
- Ultra Premium Kibble (Chicken, Sweet Potato & Egg; Chicken, Brown Rice & Avocado; or Salmon, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato)
- 4 lb bag: $20
- 10 lb bag: $40
- 20 lb bag: $65
- 30 lb bag: $90
- Sampler bag (1 x 4 lb of each recipe): $45 (value $60)
- All-Natural Dog Treats (Chicken & Sweet Potato, Chicken & Mango Jerky, Peanut Butter & Blueberry Biscuits, or Pumpkin & Apple Biscuits)
- 6 oz bag: $10
- 2 pack: $19 (save $1)
- 3 pack: $28 (save $2)
- Superpack (1 x 3 bags of Pumpkin & Apple Biscuits, Chicken & Mango Jerky, and Peanut Butter & Blueberry Biscuits): $28 (value $30)
1% of every purchase goes to shelter dogs in need (you can select which shelter at checkout.)
Their website is pretty straightforward. Select kibble (or treats) from the menu. Then, pick your subscription plan (options are every three to eight weeks). Check out, select the charity to donate to, and the food ships directly to you.
When the bag arrives, tear it open at the top and serve. There’s a feeding guide on the back of the package, so you know what portion to give your dog based on her size. The bag is a ziplock to keep it air-tight and fresh.
Jinx hit the market in May 2020 and has yet to make a big enough splash for us to find customer reviews online. But two of our team members use Jinx. Here are their first-hand experiences:
We have been giving our King Charles Cavalier Spaniel fresh food for years but recently started adding Jinx to the mix as a topper. Chewing the kibble helps keep the wet food from sticking to his teeth and gives some crunch to help slow him down from gobbling it too fast. I ordered a bag on Friday, and it shipped the same day and arrived within two days. We use the Salmon flavored recipe to add some grains to his diet, and he loves it! – Sadie C., Canine Journal
I typically feed my pup commercial kibble. Usually, when I put it in his bowl, he sniffs it and moves on until he gets super hungry. Let’s just say his usual kibble isn’t a big hit. But when I put Jinx’s kibble in his bowl, he sniffed it for a good second and gobbled it up right away. He loved it! Kibble can be easier to give your dogs than fresh meals, but I always worried about the quality of his dried nuggets. But I felt more confident that my dog was getting a better meal with Jinx. – Sally J., Canine Journal
If you’re looking for high-quality kibble that’s more reasonably priced than fresh dog food, Jinx’s recipes are an ideal choice for your dog’s health. Although they’re relatively new to the dog food scene, Jinx is worth considering as one of our top-ranked best dog food delivery services.
Learn more about Jinx in our interview with the CEO & Co-Founder, Terri Rockovich. Terri and her co-founders previously worked together at Casper mattresses. Find out how they leveraged their skills learned at a tech startup and applied it to the dog food industry.
What are you looking for in your dog’s food?