How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Want to do something special for your pup this Thanksgiving? Has he or she been super good while you’ve been slaving away in the kitchen? They deserve a treat of their very own and this Thanksgiving leftover-inspired turkey dog treat recipe will leave them woofing with joy!
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. Enjoy!
Turkey Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 loaf uncooked bread or pizza dough
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth (preferably low sodium)
- 1-2 Teaspoon flour
- 3/4 Cup cooked turkey chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup cooked vegetables
- 1/4 Cup grated cheese (pick your pups favorite)
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the dough and cut into 3″ circles with a cookie cutter.
- In a pan, combine the broth and flour, stirring until flour is dissolved and mixture thickens.
- Add the turkey and vegetables. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spoon one to two teaspoons of the turkey mixture onto each circle.
- Fold up the sides and pinch shut.
- Roll into a ball shape.
- Separately, mix the cheese and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Roll or sprinkle each ball with the mixture.
- Arrange the balls on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow time for this turkey dog treat recipe to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: Approx 8 cups (or 64 oz)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your pups!