Our furry friends need high-quality food to stay healthy and fit, but many dog owners resort to over-processed kibble or canned dog food full of unnatural fillers and empty calories. Ollie has an easy and very healthy solution.
This company offers human-grade dog food chock full of healthy proteins, veggies, and superfoods that they customize for your dog’s particular nutritional needs. And they deliver right to your door.
How does Ollie work? And are their meals worth it? See our Ollie dog food review and read all about our personal experience.
- Four recipes to choose from
- All-natural fresh ingredients with no preservatives or fillers
- Auto-shipping that you can pause, skip or cancel anytime
- Free shipping
- 100% money back guarantee
- Made in the USA
- Dog profile doesn’t take health issues into account (only allergies)
- Ships every four or eight weeks, so you may not have room in your freezer for the full meal plan
- Company works with specialized veterinarians to formulate their recipes
- Meal plans based on your dog’s age, breed, activity level, allergies, and ideal weight
- Human-grade food made in the U.S.
- All meals contain no soy, corn, or wheat
- Meats sourced from family-run farms in the U.S. and Australia
- Every recipe includes high-quality proteins, veggies, and superfoods, like cod liver oil and chia seeds
- Ollie donates 1% of their revenue to rescue organizations
The following price* is based on the profile of a mixed-breed male, 1 years old, 38 pounds, healthy size, neutered, no health problems, or allergies.
- Full plan: $39.33*/week ($78.66 total) for 2 weeks of meals (3 recipes)
- Topper plan: $24.80*/week ($49.60 total) for 2 weeks (3 recipes)
- Free shipping
- See all options
We got the opportunity to test out Ollie with my dog Tiny in exchange for an unbiased review.
The Ordering Process
To get started, you simply answer a series of questions about your pup (if you have more than one, you can add them once you get to the checkout page). These details help Ollie determine the right nutritionally balanced portion size based on your dog’s age, breed, activity level, allergies and ideal weight.
Once you go through the Q & A section, you can select any mix of the four different recipes: beef, turkey, chicken or lamb. On this page, you can also adjust the portion sizes you want to receive.
At any time, you can log into your Ollie account and adjust the recipes you want to receive, portion sizes (25%, 36%, 50%, 72% or 100%), the frequency of deliveries (every 4, 6 or 8 weeks) and even add Ollie’s dog treats to your next order.
The Box Arrives
Two days after I placed my order, the cardboard box arrived, carefully sealed with ice packs and biodegradable insulation to keep the frozen meals cool. Included were several individually packaged meals, feeding instructions and a plastic container to store any unused food in the fridge. Note: You have to thaw the frozen meals for at least 24 hours in the fridge (sealed food can last up to 14 days in the fridge).
Personal Experience (The Verdict)
I switched from feeding Tiny 100% dry kibble to mixing the kibble 50/50 with Ollie. Tiny gobbled up his new mixture immediately and was begging for more. This was a big change from him typically turning his snout up when I feed him only kibble. After a few weeks on the new diet, Tiny continues to love his new food. I’ve also noticed that he doesn’t having nearly as much gas, and his every-other-day vomiting has calmed down a lot as well. The only challenge is making room in my freezer for his food packets and remembering to keep enough thawed in the fridge for his next few meals.
If you’re committed to your dog’s health and have the budget for human-grade dog food, Ollie is a reliable and yummy option for your dog and our choice for the best dog food for allergies. They’re one of the more affordable companies that deliver fresh meals, although several others don’t come frozen. If you want to see your other options and how Ollie compares to them, check out our review of the best dog food delivery services or best fresh dog food options. You can also learn more about Ollie in our interview with their Head of Food.
Do you think human-grade dog food is worth the price?