To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Figo is consistently among the least expensive pet insurance providers based on reader feedback and our own test quotes. But does it offer similar coverage as some of the more costly pet insurance companies? Will Figo cover accidents and illnesses for your pet during an emergency?
Figo Pet Insurance
- Annual deductible (not per incident)
- BBB rating: A
- Claims are typically paid within 5-7 business days
- Vet exam fee can be covered for an additional cost
- App available to support claims via iOS and Android
- Covers advertising lost pets, canceled vacation due to pet illness, etc
- 6-month waiting period for knees (waived if vet exam during first 30 days shows no pre-existing knee conditions)
- 5-day waiting period for accidents and 14-day for illnesses
- If there is a knee injury prior to enrollment or during the 6-month waiting period, Figo only covers CCL (ACL) on a second leg if the first leg remains healed for 12 months
- One-time $9 admin fee + $2/mo or $10/annual fee (waived if ACH setup w/bank)
- No wellness plan
- Underwriter: Markel Specialty
- A.M. Best rating: A
- No exam required
- Pre-existing conditions defined by Figo:
- A medical condition which first occurred or showed clinical sign(s) before the effective date of this policy or which occurred or showed clinical sign(s) during the policy waiting period (See Section H.2.). If you cannot provide medical records showing your pet’s annual health exam by a vet occurring within the twelve (12) months prior to the effective date of this policy, the first documented veterinary examination after the effective date of the policy will be used as the basis for determining any pre-existing condition(s).
- Bilateral exclusions (a condition or disease that affects both sides of the body): cruciate and soft tissue injuries to one knee prior to the effective date or during the first 6 months of the policy
- Processes a majority of claims within 5-7 business days (closes nearly half in 24 hours), and you can submit them via app, fax, email or mail
- Direct deposit reimbursement is available
- Pet Cloud app reminds you of upcoming vet appointments, gives you popular pet places around you, access to 24/7 live vet, file a claim, meet pets near you and more
- Customer service hours:
- Phone, text, chat, email, fax, Facebook Messenger or Twitter: Monday – Friday 8am to 7pm CST and Saturday 8am to 6pm CST
- Text only: Sunday 11am to 3pm CST
Here’s a list of services that Figo covers and does not cover (as of January 2019). Services included are not limited to this list and are subject to change.
Hip dysplasia that first shows signs/symptoms after the 14-day waiting period for illness may be eligible for coverage.
Figo offers a variety of deductible options ($100, $200, $250, $500 and $750) as well as reimbursement selections (60%, 65%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 100%). Figo is the only provider we’ve reviewed to offer a 100% reimbursement option. Please know that all of the deductible and reimbursement options are not available in every state.
Below is a table showing examples of quotes from Figo. You can put your pet’s information directly into its site to get a better estimate for your pet (use our link below for the best discount).
You can get personalized price quotes for your pet(s) from reputable companies when you fill out just 1 short form. You can also visit our Pet Insurance Quotes page to see how the cost of Figo stacks up against the competition.
Our readers have access to an exclusive 5% off a new FIGO pet insurance policy, just use this link to get started.
- 5 days: Accidents
- 14 days: Illness
- 6 months: Cruciate ligament events and knees (can be waived if your vet conducts a healthy knee exam within 30 days of new policy — vet needs to specifically note in the medical records that the knees are healthy and have no existing issues)
- 14 days: Hip Dysplasia
I cannot rave about figo enough. Super easy to file a claim on their app and they get back to you in a few days. They have helped me cover all my fur baby’s expenses without any issues and I feel very confident that my pets are covered from snout to tail. – Victoriya S., Yelp 12/7/2018
FIGO is a great pet insurance company. They have a great online system for keeping track of all documents for our dog, from immunizations to annual vet visits. Whenever we have had to file a claim, they have been very responsive and have settled everything quickly. – Jan, TrustPilot 1/5/2019
I am so disappointed with Figo Insurance. My friend and I both adopted dogs at the same time, and both got Figo Insurance. Since we got our puppies, EVERY CLAIM for both dogs (with different ailments) are DENIED. They are two different policies. My puppy had worms, took the antibiotics and took another sample and was CLEARED. (i didn’t put that claim in because it was before insurance). THREE months later, my puppy has worms and they are stating it was a pre-existing condition. UMMMM no, Unfortunately, she contacted them again!!!! Thank god I did month to month, so I can get different insurance ASAP. – Maria N., Yelp 1/8/2019
The worst insueance company the r a scam they take ur money and when u have an emergency and need to put a claim in they dont want to cover it. – Riley, TrustPilot 12/5/2018
Figo is one of the more affordable options, and it offers comparable coverage to other top pet insurance companies. We’ve compared Figo against other top pet insurance companies and ranked our top 3 in our Pet Insurance Reviews. You can see if Figo made our top picks and which companies we feel are the best.
Would you cover your pet with Figo pet insurance?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.