Making sure your dog gets a nutritious diet without a lot of additives and preservatives isn’t easy. But you can get all-natural, human-grade dog food delivered right to your door with Spot & Tango.
They offer fresh meals and a unique shelf-stable alternative, called UnKibble, that doesn’t skimp on quality. We give you the low-down on their recipes, pricing and more. See how our pups rated their food.
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Personal Experience
- It’s Unboxing Time (Video)
- Our Final Verdict
Spot & Tango
- Six recipes to choose from
- Human-grade, whole-food ingredients with no preservatives or fillers
- Customized meal plan with a portion-specific scoop
- Free, auto-shipping that you can adjust anytime
- Unkibble doesn't take up freezer space since it’s shelf-stable
- Responsive customer service
- Made in the USA
- Delivery option is only 1x per month in most U.S. locations
- Fresh meals are expensive compared to competitors
- Offers 3 fresh recipes (freezer storage) and 3 UnKibble recipes (shelf storage)
- Meals are customized based on your dog’s breed, gender, age, weight, body shape, activity level, health conditions,,, and other factors
- Unique shelf-stable UnKibble dry dog food is made from human-grade meats and fresh starches, veggies and fruits that are dehydrated under low temperatures to preserve nutrients (currently the only brand available of this type of “fresh” dry food)
- Fresh recipes are flash-frozen to preserve nutritional value
- All recipes developed by a certified vet nutritionist and meet all AAFCO nutrition standards
- Ingredients are sourced from local farms and human food suppliers
- Risk-free 2-week trial – they’ll give you a full refund if your dog doesn’t like it
Subscriptions start at $9/week but vary based on the nutritional needs of each dog. The following pricing* is based on the profile of a mixed-breed male, 1-year-old, 38 pounds, healthy size, neutered with no health problems or allergies.
You save 20% off the following pricing for your first 2-week trial.
- Beef & Barley: $25.68*/week
- Chicken & Brown Rice: $28.64*/week
- Duck & Salmon: $28*/week
- Free shipping
With each Fresh recipe, you have the option of ordering full meals or their Topper plan, which you mix in with your existing dog food.
- Turkey & Red Quinoa: $46.14*/week (full meals) or $24.98/week (partial meals)
- Beef & Millet: $49.61*/week (full meals) or $26.86/week (partial meals)
- Lamb & Brown Rice: $70.45*/week (full meals) or $34.92/week (partial meals)
- Free shipping
Note: While you could mix these two types of foods (fresh & UnKibble), we recommend choosing one that best suits your dog (fresh for picky eaters or older dogs with sensitive teeth; UnKibble if your dog prefers crunchy food or you have limited freezer room). This will minimize any concerns about whether your dog is getting a nutritionally balanced meal.
Alex and Michelle S. from Canine Journal had the opportunity to test out Spot & Tango’s UnKibble dog food with their pups, Barley and Lily, in exchange for an unbiased review. This is their firsthand experience.
To get started with Spot & Tango, you fill out a brief online questionnaire. These details help Spot & Tango determine the right nutritionally balanced portion size based on your dog’s size, age, breed and activity level.
We were impressed with the number of health conditions/concerns you can make them aware of. They list more than 20 (you check all that apply), including everything from allergies, diabetes, and arthritis to a variety of common digestive problems.
Once you finish the questionnaire, you have the option of choosing either Fresh meals or their UnKibble — each offers 3 different recipes. Then, you can order one, two or all three of the recipes, but keep in mind that each recipe is a different price.
We received our UnKibble, much to Barley and Lily’s delight. Here’s our brief unboxing video to give you an idea of what to expect.
We give Spot & Tango’s UnKibble two enthusiastic paws up. We love that you can get 100% human-grade dog food that you store on your shelf instead of taking up valuable freezer space. Although a bit pricey compared to kibble, it’s a much healthier option.
Spot and Tango’s fresh recipes are also another healthy option for your pup, but these are priced significantly higher than some other companies that deliver fresh dog food to your door. If you’re leaning toward fresh meals, be sure to check out your other options in our reviews of the best dog food delivery companies.
Why are you considering all-natural dog food?