This content was reviewed by our licensed insurance agent, Michelle Schenker.
To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Arkansas is filled with pet lovers like you, hoping to take their furry canines on as many adventures as possible. The Razorback state is loaded with lakes, rivers, and hot springs, all easily accessible to you and your dog. However, the more you expose your dog to, the more likely they are to require emergency vet care.
It’s completely normal, unfortunately, because your dog is excited to be in a new place, which means they’re at an increased risk for an accident. These medical emergencies can cost thousands of dollars and put you financially and emotionally in a pinch. To help protect you from the financial burden, you can sign your dog up for the best pet insurance in Arkansas and take full advantage of every moment with your pooch.
|Pet Insurance Ranking||Best Overall*||Best Value||Fastest Claim Processing||Best Multiple Pet Discount||Best Newcomer|
|Company||Pets Best||Figo||Healthy Paws||Embrace||Lemonade|
|Policy Coverage||Extensive||Extensive||More Limited||Extensive||More Limited|
|Customer Service & Reputation||Good||Excellent, Stable||Excellent, Stable||Excellent, Stable||Uncertain, New|
|Claim Processing (avg)||7-14 Days||3 Days||2 Days||5 Days||2 Days|
|Vet Direct Pay Option|
|Policy Price (avg)||Lower||Lower||Variable||Higher||Average|
|Plan Customizations||Many Options||Many Options||Restricted Options||Many Options||Many Options|
|Read Review||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review|
What Are The Most Popular Dog Breeds In Arkansas?
A dog’s breed is one of the determining factors for your pet insurance policy cost. Below is a ranking of the three most popular dog breeds in Arkansas.
- Labrador Retrievers
- German Shepherds
How Much Is Pet Insurance In Arkansas?
Pet insurance pricing is based on your pet’s details (e.g., age, breed, location, etc.). According to NAPHIA (North American Pet Health Insurance Association), the average monthly premium for an accident and illness dog insurance policy in the U.S. in 2021 was $48.66 ($28.57 for cats).
Since prices vary based on where you live as well as your pet’s unique characteristics, the best way to determine how much it would cost you is to complete our quick pet insurance quote form and get real estimates for your pet from several top providers. This allows you to see how companies compare price-wise. With most companies, you can also adjust your monthly premium to better meet your needs. Reducing the deductible, reimbursement percentage, and annual payout can lessen it to better fit a lower budget.
Once you have your customized price quotes, you may wonder how coverage varies among the different providers. Our pet insurance comparison includes multiple charts to help you see key differences between coverage, waiting periods, age limitations, and more.
What Are Some Pet-Friendly Places In Arkansas?
These are some popular pet-friendly places to take your dog in Arkansas, but there are many more besides this list.
- Hot Springs, AR – There are plenty of dog-friendly places to take your dog to in Hot Springs, including Garvan Woodland Gardens, Hot Springs National Park, Hot Spring Mountain Trail, duck tours, trolleys, Hot Springs Bark Park, and more.
- Little Rock, AR – The state capital has many dog-friendly activities including hikes at Pinnacle Mountain State Park, a visit to the River Market District, and play time at several local dog parks.
- Fayetteville, AR – While Walmart may not be a traditional place you’d think of being dog-friendly, this headquarter city may become a favorite destination, especially if your dog is a big fan of their Ol’ Roy Dog Food!
- State Parks – There are numerous state parks throughout Arkansas, including Mammoth Spring State Park, Davidsonville Historic State Park, and more that you can bring Fido along with you.
- Museums – There are even museums like Plantation Agriculture Museum and Arkansas Railroad Museum that you can bring your pup to.
There are also many dog parks, pet bakeries, and pet spas throughout the state for you to plan the perfect day with your pup.
Pet Insurance Claim: Cost And Reimbursement From An Arkansas Customer
Below is a real-life pet insurance claim from a Healthy Paws pet insurance customer in Arkansas.
- Location: Van Buren, AR
- Condition: Cherry Eye
- Total Vet Cost: $1,000
- Reimbursement: $810
- Amount Customer Paid: $190
Should I Get Pet Insurance?
If you can afford the monthly premium for your dog, we think pet insurance is worth it. Good health isn’t guaranteed for any of us, but pet insurance can take the weight of financial responsibility off your shoulders. You’ll never have to choose between your dog’s health treatment and your wallet. Find out more about why pet insurance is worth considering.Tagged With: Pet Insurance By State, Reviewed By Insurance Agent