To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Hiring a dog trainer to correct your dog’s behavioral challenges can be expensive, but it could also lead to your dog looking to the trainer as the alpha. Your dog may want affirmation from the trainer instead of you. Not only could this cause some problems at home where it may not listen to you, but it could also hurt your feelings if your dog becomes closer friends with someone else. Have no fear, Doggy Dan to the rescue!
The Online Dog Trainer, otherwise known as Doggy Dan, is one of New Zealand’s leading dog training experts who works with clients around the world via his internet portal.
He helps you train your dog online by providing more than 350 videos for various scenarios (pulling on the leash, aggression, barking, etc.). Dan offers hundreds of videos, which are all recorded from real client problems. Let’s dive into this online dog training review to see if it can actually work for you and your pup.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Customer Reviews
- How To Raise The Best Puppy
- Doggy Dan Alternative
- Why Should I Choose Online Training?
Doggy Dan’s Online Training Program
- Doggy Dan has been able to train any dog he’s been faced with
- 60-day money-back guarantee, 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Ask Doggy Dan questions and send photos and videos
- Uses positive reinforcement, no force or aggression
- Weekly updates
- You get to train your dog yourself
- Trusted by the New Zealand SPCA, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Hundreds of videos
- Cannot download videos, must have internet connection to view content
- Limited topics, so there’s a chance your problem isn’t covered
- 60-day “no questions asked” money-back guarantee
- Forum to ask Doggy Dan and his team any questions — you can even send in photos and videos
- 5 Golden Rules are designed to help every dog owner be the alpha in their pack
- “Project Moses” is his most popular section. It shows you how Dan trained his own puppy from 8 weeks old to 8 months, while you watch and learn from Moses’ progress in real-time
- Pay $37 a month for access to all of Doggy Dan’s online resources
- 3 day trial for $1
- $37 per month
- $147 for 6 months
- View all options
Note: If your budget and schedule allow, it is unlikely you will find a better training method than in person with an expert because it allows for truly customized feedback and lessons. If you would like to find a dog trainer near you, visit The Association of Professional Dog Trainers website.
The only reviews we could find were on Dan’s Facebook page that he shared himself, so they’re all positive.
Immediately had a different dog! These basic rules have been enlightening and as I have continued to follow the 5Rules we are getting good results from Doggy Dan tutorials. Thanks!! – Ann H. 12/28/2019
I have to admit that I was taken completely by surprise by Dan’s technique and it’s effectiveness. It actually works! Who knew that a low key, quiet approach was the key to obedience? – Scott H. 121/9/2018
Here’s an overview of what a subscription to Doggy Dan’s videos consists of and why you should trust him to train your dog.
If you’d prefer a different option, Udemy, a popular online learning website, offers many dog training courses. Most classes cost $9.99 for many hours of information. Subjects include (but are not limited to):
- Dog Aggression
- Dog & Cat Behavior Issues
- Training From Puppy To Dog
- Common Dog Behavior Issues
Before you start, read an overview, requirements and feedback from students who took the course. You can also sign up for classes about general dog care and dog walking.
Why should you consider Doggy Dan with dog training online rather than the traditional dog trainer you see in-person?
For starters, Doggy Dan’s prices are much less expensive than an in-person dog trainer. Personal dog trainers can cost anywhere from $30 to $100 per hour.
You are also restricted to the dog trainer’s schedule. With an online dog training school, you can train your dog on your time.
As with all training, you will build a stronger connection with your dog through behavioral training, reinforcing your position in the house as the “alpha dog.”
If your dog has a specific habit you’re trying to correct like eating wood, whining or digging holes, you should check out one of our training articles. We also teach you how to train a dog without treats, covering some of the basics like sit and lay down.
What do you want your dog to learn?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.